Saturday 17 November 2012

The best is yet to come

Contrary to the concerns expressed by some, the recent lack of activity on the blog does NOT mean I have disappeared from the face of the earth. The voices of dismay do not strike me as particularly unfounded though, and I am the first to admit that my professional commitments severely limited my ability to update the blog on a regular basis. On the plus side however, even though my hands were tied for quite some time you might be interested to learn that I have a few posts in the pipeline. 

Besides, I am working on another article for Institute of Translation and Interpreting (but shhh, don't tell anyone!) on oftentimes overlooked matters pertaining to sleep patterns, general health as well as eating habits and their relevance to the work of interpreters. A substantial body of research points to the fact that there is a link between leading a healthy lifestyle and peak cognitive performance.  Here's a little taster which I hope will give you some food for thought (no more puns in this post, I promise): 




Is it THE perfect cognitive-boosting breakfast? 

(For the optically challenged (admittedly my own vision is anything but 20/20): the breakfast consists of free-range scrambled eggs, spinach cooked in extra virgin coconut oil and three slices of fresh pineapple to the boot. The breakfast comes with a side dish/dessert- a bowl of blueberries)








No comments:

Post a Comment